Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The First Phase : Chapter 3

          There's not much of a difference at what time I choose to wake up. The curtains are thick and always closed. The room doesn't receive any light to indicate day or night. That's why I had to rely on Veann. The nobles are more immune to the sun unlike the royals. We won't die merely to the exposure of day. But for generations we had been living in the dark, our body are accustomed to it and therefore gets weaker in the day. Royals...... That's the befitting title for the purebloods. Although we learn the terms, but it's considered to be a taboo to call us purebloods if they are not part of it. Therefore, those who are after us can only refer us as the royals. That lowly human yesterday had call a royalty pureblood. Hopefully she's dead in the mountains by now, buried somewhere under the snow.



          Humans. They're worthless yet they can make others get addicted to their work. The book they wrote represents their lifestyle and thoughts. I guess they were not much of a difference than our kind except that they're not gifted sharp senses and strength. But even in their foolishness, they could twist it up until it seems reasonable. That is what made them an interesting prey. They are not just weakling with poor brains, they're the most complex prey, the most delicious one too. Moreover, one wrong step, they'll be a threat. No, they are a threat even in our most cautious and safest moments.

          "It seems that you are already awake?" said Veann, seeing as I am sitting on the bed by the time he enters the room.I stared as he search for clothes in the wardrobe. He look the same as usual. However, he can't hide the faint smell of snow coming from his shoes. Did he went out looking for the human? Why did he defy another order for a human? The more I think about it, the angrier I get. If she's not dead, then I just have to look for her and shower her with a blood bath myself.

"Food is already served. My lady will be dining with the rest of the family. It seems that master wanted to discuss about the job tonight," said Veann.

          I gave no reply. I was then dressed in dark blue mini dress with white and blue stripes of bonnet and a pair of long brown boots. As usual, Veann led me to the dining hall where the Kuroli's had already seated themselves except for the youngest who's excluded in the matter. I sat beside Father. It had been my seat since I was born. Father is positioned in the middle, Mother at his right while I'm at his left. Tazia and Firann would be beside me while Siena and Ienua is at Mother's side.

"Are you feeling well, Adefuwa?" ask Father.
"Yes" came the reply.
"Firann told me that you propose we get rid of the village at the border."
"Yes"
"That would be good too. They have been causing troubles lately, trying to trespass. The fact that they live there itself is a hindrance to Kuran's plan. Their scent attracts us for a feast yet we were already ordered not to for the time being"said Father.

          We simply nodded. Only Father and Mother are loyal to the Kurans'. The rest of us would overthrone them at any given chance. We had our queer meal, beef again. After we finished our meal, we began dividing the mission. I was given the snowy north mountain again. We have another 3 hours before the attack so I withdraw to my room and decided to continue my reading on another human book. I've been immersed into their lifestyle and starting to be curious of it. Veann gave no indication of giving lessons so I said nothing and just left him to stand by the wall until the time call for us.

          Humans have classes in their social life too. Although they varied from one place to another. Even so, their status can be gained and lost at any time. They are trying hard not to discriminise anyone. To be equal to one another. It's bothering me the fact that they are discriminating each other by trying not to. There won't exist equality among beings. That includes our kinds too. The humans doesn't seem stupid enough to not realize this yet why are they still making a fuss on it? And the term friendship seems to be such an important thing in their life yet they don't seem to treasure it themselves. The human contradicts everything.

"Veann, how does a human live a happy life when they are are clearly not?" I ask.
"Pardon me, young miss. What do you mean by clearly not?" he ask.
"They are poor beings with not abilities, their senses are not sharp and they're weak"
"Oh, I believe that most of them are grateful with whatever they have, and to a human, those things doesn't determine happiness"
"Then what does?"
"Love. Towards themselves, families, friends, works and other things"
"Just that. Such stupidity...."
"Then Young Miss, are you happy?"

What?

          A servant knock on the door. Veann gave a slight nod. The battle starts from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment